Director: Carrie Wendell
Friendship Preschool is a cooperative preschool for two-, three-, and four-year-olds.
- Small Classes
- Caring Teachers
- Varied Instruction
As a non-profit, co-op preschool, we are committed to nurturing the unique abilities of each child and fostering a love of learning in our students.
Within our caring environment, children are free to engage in a variety of activities that promote self-esteem, learning, and the development of social skills.
Friendship Preschool is located at 3527 Gallows Road, Falls Church just inside the Capital Beltway.
The preschool entrance is the left-most entryway accessed from the lower parking lot.
Co-Op & Parent Participation
Parent participation helps us keep tuition low and program quality high.
We encourage you to think of Friendship Preschool as your school and to help us create the best environment possible for your children.
Parents are involved in the operation of the school as follows:
- Assisting in school administration by serving on the Board.
- Volunteering for school activities as needed.
- Participating in fundraising events.
- Providing snack for your child's class on a rotating schedule.
- Assisting with classroom cleaning and playground upkeep.
- Attending co-op parent meetings.
Parents are not required to spend time in the classroom. A few non-cooperative slots are also available. These families are exempt from all co-op duties, except for providing snack.
Our curriculum is designed to promote a child's social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
Specific curriculum goals include:
- Developing the child's ability to share and work cooperatively with others.
- Increasing the child's ability to follow directions and to listen in a sustained manner.
- Building positive self-esteem.
- Providing learning at the child's individual level.
- Helping the child find acceptable outlets for emotions.
- Building positive feelings about school.
- Fostering a love of learning.
We are now enrolling for the 2019-2020 School Year.
- 1/31/19 - Priority Registration Ends for current students and siblings
- 2/1/19 - New Student Enrollment Begins
- 8/27/19 - First Day of School for 2019-2020